Week 5

This week I had my first exchange and it was a ton of fun. The Erfurt Elders came over and I spent the day with Elder Obrist.  He is super cool! He is 22, which makes him older than the rest of us. Before leaving for his mission, he worked in the house-building industry and served in the Swiss military, so I was able to learn a lot from him. We had companionship study together and then we went to Schwester Karl's place for an appointment. Schwester Karl is the sweetest lady and always loves having the missionaries over. When we were leaving she gave us a ton of food to take home with us which was dope. I also finished my Technology training this week so I can finally use Facebook now. I'm thankful that we have the blessing of technology as it opens so many opportunities for sharing the love that Jesus Christ has for us with others. On Thursday we got notified that my mission President is currently in the hospital and will need surgery, so it would mean the world to me if you could keep him in your prayers. A passage of scripture that really hit me differently this week was 

Abraham 3:22-26.22  Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligence that was organized before the world was; and among all these, there were many of the noble and great ones; And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell; 25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon, and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate, and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads forever and ever.

This verse explains that God loved us so much that he created the earth for us where we could experience Joy and have families. Through living here on this earth we have the opportunity to progress and become like God. He has faith that we can make good decisions for ourselves. We need to have faith in him and if we do that he will bless us immensely.

Love, Winston  You can write to me at Winston.rothaermel@missionary.org








Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony, Winston. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, who are your Friends on the cool pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS just seeing the cool "Go and Do" shirt your friend is wearing ... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?