Week 7 Herbst im Leipzig


Hey Guys!! This week has been pretty slow since we didn't have many appointments. We mostly spent our time studying the scriptures (The word of God: The Bible and the Book of Mormon) and improving our language skills. 
The weather has been absolutely delightful the whole week with clear skies and temperatures in the seventies. Whenever we want to get out of the house we usually go to the city center where there are a few different parks. On Saturday we went to a Flea Market by Red Bull Arena to get some produce for cheap, and then we walked along the river until we got Clara-Zetkin Park, which is massive and would be a great spot for a long run. Yesterday we went to Church and then the Stake President's family invited us over for lunch. They made us Schnitzel with, potatoes, mushroom sauce, rot kraut, and mixed veggies. It was all sooo good and It was a blast hanging out with them.  Before we left I gave a spiritual thought. I told them how I thought it was interesting that when the Brother of Jared asked Christ how they would be able to see with no light in their boats Christ responded:
22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me, and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?
23 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels? For behold, ye cannot have windows, for they will be dashed in pieces; neither shall ye take fire with you, for ye shall not go by the light of fire.
24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain, waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?
Even though Christ knows everything and could have easily told him what to do, he left it up to him to find out. In this life, God won't gift us everything because loves us and want's us to learn and grow as people. Through learning, we have a greater ability to choose right from wrong and ultimately live more Joyful lives. I know this is true as when I accomplish something through hard work and determination it is so much more satisfying. I hope that all of you guys are doing well and seeing the light of Christ in your lives. Love, Winston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?