Letter Home Week 15

                                                      Missing Chick fil A, but this will have to do.

Old city center at night!

                                                                              Zone Meeting

                                                       Sorry, the picture is kind of blurry, but cool steps!
                                                              Funny and no I didn't put this there! 

                                                                             Go South!  



Hey Guys!! This week has been quite interesting.  A lot of people here have been talking to us about the election and I can't believe how crazy it's been. I woke up Wednesday morning expecting the results to be out within a couple of hours but found out that it would take at least a couple more days since the mail-in ballots were taking a long time to tally. After anxiously waiting we finally found out Biden had won on Saturday. I knew Georgia was going to be a swing state, but I didn't expect it and many others to be so close. I wanted to do my part and vote but I never got the absentee ballot that I requested. 😠😠😠 It finally arrived today.  Oh well, I can still try and vote in the run-off election. Hopefully, Biden does well and can manage this Corona Virus pandemic. Other than checking the headlines every couple of hours, we have been busy teaching friends and members. My companion, Elder Rowe, is a fantastic violin player and we had the idea for him to play in the park and put out a sign that says " No money please, but we'd love a conversation". After playing for a bit a small crowd gathered. I was able to talk to quite a few people about why we are here and what we do. It was a ton of fun!  Unfortunately, we weren't able to get any contacts out of it, Hopefully, next time. 🤞 On Saturday my former cross country teammates ran at the State Championships and placed 9th. I'm proud of you guys for all your hard work this season and I am happy that you guys beat Lambert haha. You guys rock, keep killing it! At the beginning of the transfer, I finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through. Since then I have studied Joseph Smith's History and some chapters in the new testament. A few days ago I started doctrine and covenants (a collection of revelation received for the building up of our church), I am so incredibly fascinated by the revelation we have received for our time. I know that God gives guidance to his children and I am so thankful he has given us modern-day prophets. I hope you guys are doing well and that you have a great rest of your week.  Don't forget to write to me!  You can write to me at Winston.Rothaermel@missionary.org 

- Love Winston 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?