Merry Christmas Week 22

Hey guys!  How are you?  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  We have had a very busy week.  Germany is still under lockdown which means the stores are closed except for the grocery stores, but we have still been able to go out to the park and talk with people.  One day while we were in the park, we started a conversation with two guys who were playing ping pong.  I asked the guys if I could play the winner when they were done.  They said, "sure, no problem."  Needless to say, the guy smoked me.  I am not a very good ping pong player, but it was fun.  While we were playing, my companion shared what we were doing in Chemnitz.  

In the spirit of Christmas, we made more cookies and delivered them to people around town.  Also, we are teaching a guy in Turkey how to speak German.  That has been interesting.  

So in Germany, Christmas lasts for three days.  Everyone opens presents on Christmas Eve, then there is Christmas Day, and then the second Christmas. I think the second day in England is called Boxing day and or it is St. Stephens Day,  No big celebrations on the day, but it is a day off from work for everyone and most of the stores are still closed. Christmas Eve, we went to the bishop's house for dinner.  They made us a dish called  Raclette.  It is basically boiled potatoes and then you cook shaved cheese over a candle the cheese melts and you put it over the potatoes.  They also serve it with small pickles and pearl onions.  I am not sure this dish is for me as it was a lot of cheese, but I am glad I had the experience.  Then on Christmas, we went to another family's house and the mom made us a huge feast.  It was so delicious! Their daughter reminded me of my sister Addy. We had one more dinner appointment with familie Kubisch. The food was equally good.  

On Christmas Day, I got to speak to my family who are in Utah skiing.  It was so great talking to my brother Harris.  Well, I better go!  It is almost time for bed.  I can't believe 2020 has come to an end.  Henry B. Eyring, who is the second counselor in the first presidency has said, "When you do your part, the Lord adds his power to your efforts."  I honestly believe this!  So keeping working hard everyone!  The Lord will bless you! Happy New Year!

Love Winston, Don't forget you can email me at Winston.Rothaermel@missionary.org






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?