Focus on The Good in Your Life

Hey Guys!! On Tuesday morning we got a call from the Zone leaders letting us know that my comp, Elder Davis, will be the district leader of the new Chemnitz District, which will be made up of us, the Annenberg Elders, and the Freiberg four-man. Having your comp as a district leader is awesome since it means we can call anyone in our district whenever we want haha. Then after planning out our day I had some breakfast. This week I decided to blow some of MSF and try this really boujee musli. It’s called “my muesli” and sells for 6€ a tube. After having it hyped up to me by Elder Davis I was a little disappointed after having some. Don’t get me wrong it was good muesli but not good enough to be worth it. I think next time I’ll just stick to getting “Köln”. That evening we called our friend Cihan in Turkey and helped him practice his german. We also met with Uwe on Wednesday (a member here in Chemnitz) and talked about all the gems you can pull from the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. Some of these include how to defend yourself from the influence of Satan and his very sneaky strategies. On Thursday for New Year's Eve, we were invited over by Peter (another member). He cooked us some spicy chicken gizzards and ordered us some pizza. We talked about our new year's resolutions and then he went off and roasted churches in Nigeria. Then as we usually end the night, we called Noreen (a friend who’s interested in the church) and read the Book of Mormon. Friday we called another friend during the day named Michael and read Alma 34 and talked about how powerful prayer is. We also planned a video that we're going to film this week about how the gospel blesses families so be on the lookout for that. On Saturday we had Zone Conference and mostly talked about how we can effectively plan. Here in Germany, winter has been really cold, my last comp and I would go out for runs in the morning and it would be below freezing. It finally snowed yesterday and made enduring the cold totally worth it! We also had church over Zoom and my comp and I were able to bear our testimonies. I explained how even though 2020 was really challenging, it was actually pretty good for me. I was able to spend more time than ever with my family and now I get to serve the Lord each day.  It helped me gain a strong testimony of the importance of having a positive attitude and being grateful. President Nelson stated, "The Joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus on our lives". I know that when we look for the good, we’ll find it. I hope you guys are doing well and having a happy new year!

Love, Winston









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?