Week 36 God is in the details

Hi Guys! As you guys may have seen, I broke my arm. That was totally crazy and unexpected. I really appreciate all the love and support that I've received from you guys. I have gotten many of your cards and letters and I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me. On Wednesday after getting home from the hospital, my companion, Elder Sciascia gave me a blessing and my arm hasn't been hurting at all! I was able to get back to work the next day as usual: however, there are some tasks that are a little difficult like tying shoelaces, putting on a tie, and cutting food.  And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust. 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.  Moroni 9: 19-21 It is a miracle that my arm isn't hurting.  O have seen God in the details this week.  I know that Heavenly Father has been by my side and is helping me through this trial. I really loved Elder Rasband's talk at General Conference.  He spoke on miracles and I have a testimony of what he said. Elder Rasband said, "We are beloved by the Lord."  Heavenly Father loves us and is always by our side.  Miracles have not ceased we just need faith for them to come to pass. We also need faith to recognize them. Most of the time God won't give us unfathomable miracles like raising someone from the dead; however, he helps us in smaller ways. It may look like someone helping us or an answer to a prayer.


Today I had an appointment at the hospital in preparation for my operation, which will be on Wednesday morning. I spoke to an orthopaedist and an anesthesiologist. They took some important information and told me about the procedure. They'll be putting a plate in my arm to keep it in place as it heals.  The plate will then be removed sometime in a year. They didn't specifically say how long I'll be in the hospital, they just said a few days. Besides breaking my arm, we did a lot of finding this week, we taught german lessons online, and met with our friend Ibrahim. We've been meeting with him for a few weeks now and he really wants to get baptized but we can't due to his safety which is really sad. He moved here from Chad a few years ago and if he has to go back he could be killed for converting to Christianity.  Praying he will be able to get permanent residency either here in Germany or somewhere in the European Union.  Once he has secured residency then he will be able to get baptized. 

Well, I better go!  It is late here and I need to get ready for bed.  I am beat!  Hope to hear from you soon.  Love, Winston



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?