Week 16 Still in Chemnitz


Hey Guys!  How are you?  I hope you are all doing well.  This week has been rather slow.  We began our week off strong with the making of a video that week posted on Facebook.  The theme was that with God's help all things are possible. I pretended to play the violin then my companion hopped in and killed it.  He is an excellent violin player.  He has been playing since he was 5.  You may have seen the video on my Facebook page. That was a lot of fun; however, the week from there went kind of downhill.  Church was canceled on Sunday because some of the members have COVID, so they moved the meeting online.  We were able to go to the other ward that we preside over though as they did not have to cancel.  Then we were supposed to have dinner at a member's house, but their children could have been potentially exposed to COVID and so we ended up not going.  It's OK! I am glad they let us know in advance.  We spent a lot of time walking around town looking for people to share the message with this week but just weren't able to find anyone new.  We did teach one lesson on restoration. Today is Pday.  My companion and I went running in the morning.  Then we went into the city where I bought a sweater at TKMAXX which is the German version of TJMAXX.  I got a pretty good deal on it.  Then I found a few gifts for family members to send them for Christmas. Afterward, I got a Doner kebab.  So so good! What's Doner Kebab?  It's the Turkish version of a Gyro!  You can find them in just about every city here in Germany.  They are super affordable and very filling. Honestly, not much to report this week.  I am looking forward to Zone Conference tomorrow even if it is via Zoom.  What is Zone Conference?  Our Mission is divided into Zones.  When I arrived we were divided into 5 zones, but now we are down to 4 because there are so few of us here at the moment in Germany. That should change soon as more missionaries are going to arrive soon.  Anyway,  at the conference, we listen to an inspirational speaker and talk about what is working, what isn't working, and ways we can be more effective.  Well, I am beat!  Look forward to hearing from you.  Don't forget to write! Winston.Rothaermel@missionary.org

Love, Winston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?