Week 32 The Why?









  Hey Guys!!


This past week was soo good. On Tuesday afternoon, we got bikes from the office elders! We also got news from our mission president that we'll be able to have exchanges and zone conference in-person next transfer!!

This week we had a lot of member lessons where we read the Come Follow Me manual (this manual is a new program of study for the members of the church and this year we are focused on the Doctrine and Covenants.  The Doctrine and Covenants is a loose history of the church and revelation given to the prophets over time). This week for Come Follow Me was Doctrine and Covenants chapters 20-22, but we mostly focused on chapter 20 which lays out the foundational doctrine of our church and how it should be structured. It also answers a major question that a lot of Christians have and that is: Why is being a member of an organized church necessary? It answers that having an organized church allows us to support one another in our journey back home to our Heavenly Father. "And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls" I'm truly thankful for the people who have supported me and for the opportunity I have to serve others each day.

This week we did a lot of creative finding on Facebook. We took a picture of us holding shovels and posted it on a community page here offering our service. A lot of people reacted positively and we are planning to meet up with this one guy to share a message of hope!! We also taught German to people from Norway, Nigeria, and the Philippines. There's also this free library box near the river. On Friday we put a Book of Mormon in it and the next day when we checked it was taken! Hopefully, something good comes from it. The members are so awesome here in Brandenburg.  They have been bringing us dinner and I can't even begin to express how happy this makes me.  It is nice not to always have to worry about what we are going to eat for dinner.

I also got my head buzzed today haha. During lockdown I let my last companion give me a haircut but he ended up cutting too much on one side leaving it uneven.  I tried to get it fixed last week when barbershops opened up again, but it just wasn't right, so I just decided to buzz my head.  Well, I need to go.  I hope you are having a great week.  I love getting your letters, so if you have time send me an email.  My email address is Winston.rothaermel@missionary.org

Love, Winston

Comments

  1. dear Winston, looks like you had a great week. Love your new name tag, very special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Jesus is the Lord Week 11

Week 79 A second weekly in a row- What's going on!?